11th Jul 2013
Check out the summaries of the conferences presented this year at Annecy 2013.
What impact does pre-vis have on the production pipeline? What do VFX and animation have in common? How can you optimise the quality/production ratio, based on current studio practices? Also on the programme: case studies including the transition from character design to animation explained by animator Kristof Serrand or the workings of the internationally renowned VFX studio ILM, as well as a look ahead at the technical-artistic approach.
Summaries for 2013
- Anatomy of a European Feature Studio: the Danish Example
- Anatomy of an International VFX Studio: ILM
- Development, Pipeline Choices, Post-Animation
- From Character Design to Animation: an Animator's Experience
- Feature films: 4 Case Studies
- Emerging Tools: Looking Ahead and the Effect on the Technical-Artistic Approach
- Pre-visualisation and Preproduction
- VFX: The State of Technical and Artistic Art