Discover the Annecy Festival, the place of reference for animation in the world with the Mifa, the professional appointment for the industry, the Meetings and the Mifa Pitches.
Check out the latest animated gems, find out about current and future trends, meet up with your favourite film directors and up-and-coming talents, track down new associates and partners... in the fun and friendly atmosphere of the Annecy International Animation Film Festival.
There are a number of theatres in and around Annecy screening Festival films from 10 am to 11 pm.
Each evening at 10:15 pm, there is also a screening on the giant screen on the Pâquier lawn (free to all).
Don't miss the animation industry's foremost showcase in terms of co-producing, purchasing, selling, financing and distributing animation content for all broadcasting platforms.
The Mifa, which celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2015, is held in over 7,231 m² of which 5,300 m² is for marquees and the chill-out area, and is hosting over 800 international exhibiting companies.
Located at L'Impérial Palace, the exhibitors' market is open from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Exchanging ideas about all aspects of a film; either how it was made or distributed and talking about the creative, technical or business side of the process. Three types of conferences are offered, along with Masterclasses, Making of sessions, Keynote speeches, Work in Progress and Studio Focus sessions!
The Mifa Pitches and Mifa Recruitment are exceptional moments of exchange between animation professionals and future talents.
These sessions take place on different floors and reception rooms of the Impérial Palace: Salle de l’Europe and Rotonde de l’Europe (1st floor) for the pitch sessions and Petit Salon, Prestige, Wagner (4th floor) for the recruitment sessions.
CITIA delivers cultural mediation to the public and professionals, bringing social, economic and united values through the medium of animation. This is achieved on a daily basis, as well as through organised events, primarily the Annecy Festival, where its team continually reinforces its eco-friendly approach and genuine actions are employed.
- Carefully organised events: we commit to collaborating with partners and service providers who have strong values, and are locally based where possible, to minimise the outflow.
- Responsible transportation: we encourage participants within the Festival to use our free collective shuttles, bikes, buses or car-sharing as parking spaces are extremely limited at the sites. Our partners at your service are indicated on our website.
- We use recycled paper and ink.
- Fewer printed media: Le Guide Mifa and the Rencontres brochure (Meetings) from 2019 are uniquely e-catalogues, and we are limiting the distribution of flyers on the sites.
- Since 2014 we have dematerialised our accreditation tickets.
- Selective waste sorting and waste sorting skips at the different event sites, waste paper collection at the exhibition areas and in the screening rooms (even the paper planes are recycled!).
- Development of eco-responsible and reusable promotional objects where possible.