22nd Sep 2016
The short films chosen to run for the French César award has just been announced. Ten of these films were shown at the Annecy Festival.
12 films have been chosen by the French Academy of Arts and Film Techniques to compete for the César for best animated film, in the short film category. Ten of these films were in competition at the Annecy Festival.
- Cold Coffee, Stéphanie Lansaque and François Leroy: in competition at Annecy 2016
- He Who Has Two Souls, Fabrice Luang-Vija: in competition at Annecy 2016
- Journal animé, Donato Sansone: in competition at Annecy 2016
- Marzevan, Vergine Keaton: in competition for the André-Martin Award Annecy 2016
- Nœvus, Samuel Yal: in competition at Annecy 2016
- Peripheria, David Coquard-Dassault: Audience Award and the André-Martin Award for a French short film winner at Annecy 2016
- The Empty, Dahee Jeong: in competition at Annecy 2016
- Uncanny Valley, Paul Wenninger: in competition at Annecy 2015
- The Head Vanishes, Franck Dion: Cristal for a Short Film Award at Annecy 2016
- Yùl and the Snake, Gabriel Harel: André-Martin Award and Special Distinction for a French Short Film at Annecy 2015
The other two films in the running are:
- Iâhmès et la Grande Dévoreuse, Claire Sichez and Marine Rivoal
- Jukai, Gabrielle Lissot
The 4 films nominated for the César 2017 for best animated short will be announced at a pre-award press conference, Wednesday, 25th January 2017.
Good luck to all the film crews!