28th Sep 2017
A stellar event – "Spotlight on Classic Animated Films" – will be held during the October 14-22 Lumière Festival in Lyon (aka Grand Lyon Film Festival).
As part of the 5th edition of the International Classic Film Market (MIFC) of this Grand Lyon Film Festival, and in partnership with the Annecy Festival and International Animation Film Market, an encounter centered around heritage animation is scheduled for Wednesday October 18, 10 am. to noon.
During this round table, the various speakers will discuss the subject "Spotlight on Classic Animated Films". Preservation, restoration, circulation: what are the specific requirements, the stakes, and who are the players in heritage animation work?
Led by Nicolas Thys, an academic and reporter, the speakers will include:
- Jean-Baptiste Garnero, CNC – Direction du Patrimoine
- Marco de Blois, programmer-curator, movies, TV and new media – animation, Cinémathèque québécoise
- Frédéric Monnereau, distribution and marketing manager, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures France
- Sylvie Brevignon, CEO of AllTheAnime
- Jean-Paul Commin, author of the book 20 ans de cinéma d’animation en France.
To attend this event (FR/ENG simultaneous interpretation) on Wednesday October 18, 10-12 am., register for accreditation to the Lumière Festival’s MIFC.