25th Apr 2019
Discover the best animation film projects emerging from the young international creative talents.
Designed to bring young international filmmakers’ animation projects to the forefront, the Mifa Pitch sessions are a unique opportunity for these creators to obtain heightened visibility towards potential partners, and for the latter to identify the best projects to contribute to.
Year on year the number of projects that the Annecy International Animation Film Market receives to participate in the Mifa Pitch sessions continues to grow. 2019 is no exception with a record number amounting to 498 projects received from all over the world, and 151 of these are for the Animation du Monde!
37 of them were selected by diverse expert committees (lien) and will be included in the Mifa Pitches programme 11th to 13th June 2019:
- 6 Interactive & Transmedia Creations - Tuesday 11th June 2019, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
- 7 Feature Films - Wednesday 12th June 2019, 9:00 am to 10:30 am
- 6 Short Films - Wednesday 12th June 2019, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
- 8 TV Series & Specials - Thursday 13th June 2019, 9:00 am to 10:30 am
- 10 Animation du Monde projects - Thursday 13th June 2013, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
This year’s programme has two new features:
- The Pitch sessions are relocated and accessible by reservation only
- The Mifa Pitch prizes will be presented at a dedicated ceremony on 13th June
Are you curious to know what you can expect to see at the Mifa Pitches? Browse through all the prizes and partners online of this latest edition and find the diverse projects from previous years in the sections "What’s the Latest?" and "Spotlight on the Projects"
The SACD will once again be the official partner of the Mifa Pitchs in 2019.
For the first time at the Mifa, a Gap Financing: Meet the Producers session will be held on Tuesday 11th June 2019 at 9:00 am. Among the 17 projects received a selection of feature films in the final phase of development, or already in production, will be presented in dedicated meetings. It is the opportunity for the teams of these animation films, with at least 85% of their budget already secured, to meet the latest partners who will join their creative adventure. For more information: email@example.com
To attend the Pitch sessions during the Annecy International Animation Film Market, 11th to 13th June 2019, as well as the Gap Financing: Meet the Producers 11th June, remember to get your accreditation online before 29th May 2019!