7th May 2019
The list of short and feature films nominated for the André-Martin Award is revealed. Find out who they are and see you on 14th June to discover the winners.
In 2015, Francis Gavelle, a film journalist and critic, CITIA and the AFCA (French Association of Animation Film) jointly created the André-Martin Award to pay tribute to this film critic and animation film director. André-Martin was also one of the founding members of the Jica, (Journées internationales du cinéma d’animation).
During the Annecy Festival’s Special Awards ceremony an animation short and feature film will be awarded following the professional jury’s vote.
For this 2019 edition, the nominated films are:
- Asterix – The Secret of the Magic Potion by Louis Clichy and Alexandre Astier
- White Fang by Alexandre Espigares
- Dilili in Paris by Michel Ocelot
- Le Procès contre Mandela et les autres by Nicolas Champeaux, Gilles Porte and Oerd Van Cuijlenborg
- Mutafukaz by Run and Shojiro Nishimi
- Pachamama by Juan Antin
- Samouni Road by Stefano Savona and Simone Massi
- Bavure by Donato Sansone
- Cœur fondant by Benoît Chieux
- Flow by Adriaan Lokman
- Je sors acheter des cigarettes by Osman Cerfon
- The Common Space by Raphaële Bezin
- L’Heure de l’ours by Agnès Patron
- Le Mans 1955 by Quentin Baillieux
- Mémorable by Bruno Collet
- My juke-box by Florentine Grelier
- My Generation by Ludovic Houplain
- Per Aspera Ad Astra by Franck Dion
- Per tutta la vita by Roberto Catani
- Riviera by Jonas Schloesing
- Roughhouse by Jonathan Hodgson
- Under the Canopy by Bastien Dupriez
- Symbiosis by Nadja Andrasev
- Têtard by Jean-Claude Rozec
- The Juggler by Skirmanta Jakaite
- Oncle Thomas by Regina Pessoa
- Toomas Beneath the Valley of the Wild Wolves by Chintis Lundgren
Rendezvous on Friday 14th June 2019 at the Annecy International Animation Film Festival to find out who the winners are during the Special Awards ceremony.