17th May 2019
The Annecy Festival and the Marché du Film de Cannes create a new programme: Animation Day!
This year the Annecy Festival and the Marché du Film de Cannes collaborated to create the Animation Day programme, uniting Annecy Goes to Cannes, a gathering hosted by animation film industry professionals and accompanied by a cocktail lunch.
Within the context of Annecy Goes to Cannes, the Festival and its Market will present a selection of 5 animation feature films in production that were spotted at Annecy. For this occasion the selected directors will invite distributors, investors and sales agents present to join their projects.
Animation Day will take place on Sunday 19th May 2019 from 9:30 am - 1:00 pm, with:
9:30 - 11:15 am:
Annecy Goes to Cannes will reveal the first unseen images of:
- DRAGONKEEPER – Spain/China – in production
In the presence of Ignacio Ferreras (director), Jian-Ping Li (co-director), Manuel Cristobal (producer, Dragoia Media) and Weiwei Song (co-producer, China Film Animation)
- ARCHIPEL – Canada – in production
In the presence of Félix Dufour-Laperrière (director) and by Nicolas Dufour-Laperrière (producer, Embuscade films)
- SAMSAM – France/Belgium – in production
In the presence of Didier and Damien Brunner (producers, Folivari)
- BOB SPIT – WE DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE – Brazil – in production
In the presence of Cesar Cabral (director) and Ivan Melo (producer, Coala Filmes)
- YAKARI – France/Germany/Belgium – in production
In the presence of Xavier Giacometti (director) and Maïa Tubiana (producer, Dargaud Media)
11:30 am - 1:00 pm:
A meeting hosted by animation film industry professionals revealing tactics to adopt for successfully releasing animation films aimed at an adult audience.
This discussion will be accompanied by a cocktail lunch.
The speakers present:
- Yves Bouveret, CEO, ECRANS VO
- Jan-Willem Van Eemeren, Manager, CINEMA CARTOON’S
- Carole Baraton, co-founder, CHARADES
- Edward Noeltner, chairman, CINEMA MANAGEMENT GROUP
- Dave Jesteadt, chairman, GKIDS
- Manuel Cristobal, producer, SYGNATIA
See you at Cannes to discuss, discover and brainstorm together about the future of the animation film industry.
Entry to the Annecy Goes to Cannes session is by presentation of the Marché du Film badge (first come first seated).