29th May 2019
Discover the 9 books selected to be pitched for the second edition of Shoot the Book Anim’: Meet the Publishers, at Mifa!
To encourage book-to-animation film adaptations, the Shoot the Book Anim’: Meet the Publishers pitch sessions are back at the International Animation Film Market for the second year in a row, in partnership with SCELF.
Among the projects entered, 6 French books were selected to be pitched on Wednesday 12th June at Mifa:
- Anuki, Maupomé and Sénégas, Éditions de la Gouttière
- The Mini-heroes of the Forest, Bénédicte Rivière and Dan Taylor, Éditions Auzou
- My Crazy Guinea Pig, Christine Roussey, Éditions de La Martinière Jeunesse
- In Her Majesty Death’s Service, Julien Hervieux, Éditions Bragelonne (Castelmore)
- The Land of Kangaroos, Gilles Paris, Éditions du Seuil
- Tales of the Alarm Clock, Michel Bussi and Éric Puybaret, Éditions Delcourt Littérature
In addition, 3 other books from around the world were selected:
- L'Incroyable Histoire du mouton qui sauva une école, written by Thomas Gerbeaux and Pauline Kerleroux, Éditions La Joie de Lire (Switzerland)
- The Adventures of Radisson, Martin Fournier, Éditions du Septentrion (Canada)
- Go Away, Ultramarine, Yutaka Kono and Koshijima, Schinchosha Publishing Co (Japan)
Congratulations to the authors of the books selected and see you at Mifa on 12th June at 11:00 am for the second edition of Shoot the Book Anim’: Meet the Publishers.