26th Mar 2021
While the Annecy Festival residents’ arrivals are imminent, work is already underway for them thanks to their mentors’ assistance.
In February, we presented the writers who were selected to participate in the first Annecy Festival Residency dedicated to developing feature film animation. While their arrival approaches, they have already begun working on their projects.
Since January 2021, scriptwriting assistance was provided to each resident. The several online sessions, punctuated with time to reflect and rewrite, brought the directors step-by-step towards a clear and solid narrative arc. A necessary step to provide the best on-site work focusing on the graphic development of their animation feature film.
The choice of "artistic mentors" was self-evident, the work-lines clearly setting the expectations and thus the profiles sought after. Now, discover the mentors who have agreed to assist our three residents by immersing themselves in their stories as much as in their visual worlds.
The mentors for the scriptwriting aspects:
- Sara Wikler, artistic producer at Blue Spirit Productions, is assisting the project Le Cœur à danser.
- Sébastien Tavel, scriptwriter and director, and Claire Fouquet, animator, director, artist and teacher, are assisting the project Heirloom.
- Pierre Hodgson, scriptwriter and director, is assisting the project Piece.
The mentors for the graphical development aspects:
- Éléa Gobbé-Mévellec, animator, artist and director, is assisting the project Le Cœur à danser.
- Reza Riahi, director, is assisting the project Heirloom.
- Adrien Mérigeau, scriptwriter and director, is assisting the project Piece.
Remotely, then on-site, this expert mentoring should enable each artist to reap the benefits of this assistance.
Find out about these mentors’ careers as well as the writers and projects selected for this Annecy Festival Residency starting in April.