The Festival and Beyond!
The illustrious Georges Schwizgebel joins his son Louis Schwizgebel for an exceptional concert film!
For this exceptional evening, organised as part of the Annecy International Animation Film Festival, the Musée-Château has the great pleasure of hosting Georges Schwizgebel, one of Swiss animation’s most dominant figures, and his son Louis Schwizgebel, renowned international pianist.
They designed the evening’s programme together, which alternates between recital and film screenings. For this concert film, Louis Schwizgebel will be interpreting on piano works in relation to the short films presented. For Erlking, he will play directly to the film's images.
Louis Schwizgebel, who often played the accompanying music to his father's films, collaborated with the 5 short films presented. We also see Tina Schwizgebel (Louis's sister) on the credits for Romance.
Take a look at the programme:
• Claude Debussy, Estampe I, Pagodes
• Short film The Young Girl and the Clouds (2000)/Felix Mendelssohn, Fugue, Op. 35, No. 5
• Johannes Brahms, Intermezzo, Op. 118, No. 2
• Short film Romance (2011) / Sergueï Rachmaninov, Sonata for piano & cello, Op. 19, No. 2
• Johannes Brahms, Intermezzo, Romance, Intermezzo, Op. 118, No. 4, 5 & 6
• Short film The Man With No Shadow (2004)
• Frédéric Chopin, Nocturnes Op. 48, No. 1 & 2
• Short film Jeu (2006)/Sergueï Prokofiev, Scherzo from Concerto for piano Op. 16, No. 2
• Short film Erlking (2015)/Franz Liszt, based on Franz Schubert, Erlkönig
Father and son will unite their talents to deliver an unforgettable evening. This is a must-see concert film!
Reserve directly on the Musée-Château website, subject to seating availability